VANCOUVER, BC — LifeSciences BC has announced the winners of its 19th Annual LifeSciences BC Awards.
Presented annually, the awards recognize talented individuals and organizations from academia, health institutions, advisors, government and industry, that represent the life sciences ecosystem in B.C.
The 2017 Winners are:
• Genome British Columbia Award for Scientific Excellence — Dr. Leonard Foster
• Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Prize — Dr. James Russell
• Deal of the Year — Celator Pharmaceuticals Inc.
• Growth Stage Life Sciences Company of the Year — Innovative Targeting Solutions Inc.
• Growth Stage Medtech Company of the Year — Clarius Mobile Health Corp.
• Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year — Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) – Pacific Region
• Milton Wong Award for Leadership — Dr. Willian Hunter
• Dr. Don Rix Award for Lifetime Achievement — Dr. Alan Winter
• Life Sciences Company of the Year — McKesson Imaging and Workflow Solutions
“We are so fortunate to have such a rich and diverse pool of talented scientists, researchers, industry partners and supporters that make our life science ecosystem in B.C. so compelling,” commented Life Sciences BC executive director, Lesley Esford. “There is no question we can compete with the best in the world, and we have the outcomes to prove it.”
The 2017 LifeSciences BC award winners will receive their awards at the annual award dinner gala presented by
FARRIS, which will be held on April 19, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver.