The BIO International Convention, the world’s premier life sciences event, will return to the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, June 4-7, to celebrate 25 years of advocacy and innovation. Hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), the 2018 event is expected to attract more than 16,000 attendees and 1,800 exhibitors from 74 countries – all who will be welcomed in a special, keynote address by ABC’s Robin Roberts.
“We’re thrilled to announce Robin Roberts as a BIO 2018 keynote speaker,” says Jim Greenwood, President and Chief Executive Officer of BIO. “From her esteemed journalism career to her personal triumphs over illness, she is a true trailblazer and it is perfectly fitting that Ms. Roberts will speak to the Convention’s 2018 theme: ‘make history.’”
This year’s Convention will celebrate the breakthrough innovations that have shaped the past 25 years and the companies, academic centers and investors that continue to advance cutting-edge science and solutions to the world’s toughest challenges.
- Nineteen educational tracks, covering all sectors of biotechnology including genome editing, opioids, digital health, oncology, personalized medicine, food and agriculture and more.
- Discussions by top thought leaders from:
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation – Dr. Penny Heaton and Dr. Susan Desmond-Hellmann
- Food and Drug Administration – Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- Novartis – Dr. Jay Bradner
- Merck – Kevin Ali, Dr. Christine Brennan, Dr. Julie Gerberding and Michael Nally
- Sanofi – Dr. Heather Bell, Dr. Justin Huddleson, Dr. Adam Keeney and Stephen Meunier
- Kraft Group and New England Patriots President – Jonathan Kraft
- BIO One-on-One Partnering™ – Expected to top last year’s more than 41,000 individual meetings held over the course of four days.
- Engaging exhibits such as the Patient Advocacy Pavilion, Emerging Innovators Zone, Digital Health Zone, and Start-Up Stadium – a “Shark Tank”-like program where startups present to leading subject-matter experts in the industry.
Roberts will speak at Tuesday’s Keynote session from 9-10:30AM (ET). It is sponsored by Johnson & Johnson Innovation and is open to attendees with Convention Access or higher.