The Change Leadership Conference announces the agenda for this year’s event. As Canada’s leading change leadership conference and network event, it will highlight a provoking offering of stimulating keynotes, case study sessions and engaging panel discussions. The one-day conference will be held on Wednesday, May 30, 2018, at the MaRS Discovery District, 101 College Street, Toronto, from 8:30am to 5:00pm EST.
“Disruption is not new. What is different this time around is first and foremost the speed at which change is happening. And unlike others, this change is occurring simultaneously in all regions of the globe, greatly aided by the presence of the Internet… This 4th Industrial Revolution is marked by emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, robotics, blockchain and more, which are already permeating the fabric of our everyday lives. The revolution is taking place now, and organizations need to be prepared to more effectively lead change in the face of this new era,” says the Change Leadership team.
According to this year’s host, Yvonne Ruke Akpoveta, AI (Artificial Intelligence) is about to disrupt the way people currently live and work. AI is one of the world’s fastest growing industries, and it is going to create an enormous shift across every industry on globally; no industry is expected to be untouched.
“It’s something we have to prepare for,” says Akpoveta. “And that’s what this year’s Change Leadership Conference is all about. Preparation will be imperative for the very survival of every business. We are going to provide participants with the knowledge, tools, information and the tactics that every person responsible for leading change in their organization can leverage to get and stay ahead to become the leader who can effect the necessary changes within their organization.”
The conference will feature several speakers that include renowned AI innovation and leadership experts:
- Michelle Holland, Toronto’s Chief Advocate for the Innovation Economy
- Tomi Poutanen, Co-Founder of the Vector Institute & Chief AI Officer, TD Bank
- Claudette McGowan, CIO, Enterprise Technology Employee Experience, BMO
- Prof. Tiff Macklem,Dean – Rotman School of Management
- Dr. Nick Horney, Ph.D, Leadership Agility Expert, Author & VUCA Master
- Dr. Laura Copeland, Director of Medical Innovation & Transformation, Humber River Hospital
- Daniel Marquez,National Strategy Leader for AI, Accenture
- Mara Nickerson,Chief Knowledge Officer, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Carole Piovesan, Litigator and AI Lead, McCarthy Tétrault
- Niluka Kottegoda,VP Merchandising Innovation & Development, Sobeys Inc
- Yvonne Ruke Akpoveta, Host, Change Strategist & Advocate, OliveBlue Inc.
Additional speakers and panelists will be announced soon.